Bolivia

Friday, April 29, 2005

carrot sauce

The food is really healthy in this house. We have just had almuerzo (lunch) and I have managed to acquire the recipe for a wicked carrot sauce which we had with rice (which had little bits of veg and ham in), roast chicken pieces, salad and boiled potatoes and some other thing which I think might be boiled yucca.

So I can remember how to make it when I get home:

Peel and boil carrots, liquidise. Make a fine white sauce with cornflour, add some cheese, an egg, and some top of the milk, mix well with the carrot mush, and stick in the oven for a short time. Pour over boiled potatoes and yucca and it is gorgeous!

Teresa the maid is really friendly and all my clothes are nearly dry, and very clean! It's windy today and cold, well, so they tell me. It has become easier to just agree with them! At a guess, it's about 19 degrees, cloudy and most pleasant for this 'ere northern European.

The Dutch travel agency have pulled their fingers out and you will be pleased to hear I have a flight home on Tuesday. The girls were! Thanks to Joel and Mike for looking into alternatives to bring me back. It's going to cost me a total of 100quid to change the flights which isn't bad considering it was 'after the event'.

Just been in Skype chat with Chris and it sounds as though Wray is overflowing with people, press and dignatries/dignatories/dignataries (how do you spell it?!). Brief discussion about a new game where you have to build your own CAN. Sort of CAN in a Box role play/sim game. Might help us qualify exactly what you _do_ need to do to get a CAN off the ground and to sustainability. As this weekend is supposed to be part work and part play, I might think about this a little more as I think it could have some mileage.

We have been talking lots about capacitacion (I can't think of the exact translation of this, Google says qualification but that's not quite it), and the need for the adminstrators etc of the Telecentres to receive capacitacion courses in order to learn to run the centres smoothly and easily. There is also a need for standardisation of process and practice across the centres in order to make life easier and build a 'brand'. It is far easier to teach people when they are having fun, so maybe the game could be one way forward to CAN operators? Not necessarily the techies but definitely those in the front line, or customer facing.

Anyway, off to try and get an ever-growing pile of stuff packed. Luckily, I am coming back to SC earlier on Monday so I can leave things here for the weekend, and pick them up before the flight on Tuesday to Sao Paolo. I now need to sort out some cash, which means flogging the laptop today, so I will be on hotel and cybercafe connections from now on. Bye Bye Florence - she has served me and a couple of CANs well over the last 5 years but it's time to live here now and be a LatAmLaptop. Chau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home