Bolivia

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Family

Staying in a family home is really nice as it gives you a true feel of how a country works. Everyone goes home from work or school for lunch here at around 1pm. They ahve at least an hour for lunch and often more. It is something which we seem to be particularly bad at in the UK - sitting round a table and eating as a family. I know I am pretty bad at making sure we sit down and eat together, we tend to do it round the TV. And I can't imagine the kids coming home from school for lunch, even though school is so close.

I'm missing my family noticeably so it's nice to be in someone else's. Tara has been sending me emails, which is great, although reading such long mails without a single full stop in sight is hard at altitude!! ;o)

The other really nice thing about Latin America, and it is also obvious in Spain and probably other countries too, is the hospitality. People just wander in and join in the meal - friends of the kids, relations etc - here. Even foreigners are welcome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home