Bolivia

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Joys of Skype

Just spent an hour listening to K play the guitar, T complaining about a splinter, catching up on Corrers, asking if I can stay longer, hearing about what they have all been up to since I left etc. Grand cost less then 20p. Dread to think how poor I would now be if I´d used the cabins but I think it´s about 40p a minute from there. There is a minor lag but not enough to prevent T whittering away!!

The software used is from Tinasoft and called Easycafe. You seem to be able to download anything you want so there are PCs all round Sucre now with Skype and Yahoo messenger.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger chris said...

Hi
sounds like quite an experience you are having over there, it was great to read all about it in this blog, you write it so well I can almost see it.

Here in the village it is total mayhem, as one of the main roads is shut for repairs and all the traffic is coming throught the village street. Add to that the street market, the giant scarecrows and hundreds of tourists and you can imagine the result!
We have nearly got the webcams working so will send a link when confident.
I took photos of all the static scarecrows yesterday and will post them on our webpage today sometime. One chap has done a whole cricket team and if you look into the field at the bottom of the hill it looks like a real match going on.
The weather is nice, sunny and dry, but the forecast is bad. Hope it stays dry for the fair on Monday.

Make the most of your visit, and take care.Talk soon,
Chris

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Cybersavvy UK said...

I´ve been trying to explain a scarecrow festival to people who work from dawn to dusk and don´t have the time to enjoy leisure. In fact, I´m not convinced that the guys out in the sticks where we are have any idea what free time is. (Or tourism- what a missed opportunity, this place has to be seen to be believed). I don´t mean that unfairly as I know that Chris for one never ever stops, but these are people who live on less than $1 a day. And work bloody hard for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home