Bolivia

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Terminal boredom

I am never arriving this early for a flight again. Terminal 4 is not a place for an evening out. After several hours trying to combine my needs with the difficulties of being a lone traveller ie who do you ask to look after your bags unless you want em nicked or blown up? I have just discovered, less than an hour before the flight goes, a hotspot. GRRR. It's t-mobile as well and if course 1) I only have my freebie BT cards on me and 2) my credit card typically won't even take a fiver on it. Yeah, yeah, roll your eyes skywards, I will sort out my finances when I get back so I can actually access my own money!

I've also suddenly spotted a glut of trolleys having lugged the laptop around for the last three hours. Someone must have just beamed a few in from wherever airport trolleys airside go, but that doesn't help my back. I did debate buying a copy of Terry pratchett's book featuring the luggage and reading sections of it to the laptop to see if it got the idea....but have decided the easiest thing is to find some worthy Bolivian family and give the damned thing to them. After all, they have llamas to carry it around over there. It might persuade me that fixing the Ipaq would be wise. I've brought it with me just in case I find some electronic genius in Bolivia.

I hear that Piers Bearne has said that WLAN isn't the same without me slagging off his major sponsors in front of the their stands, and it's all very corporate so next year, we'll get our act together again and go mobcast from it, or whatever the latest trend is! The resports out of WLAN do sort of imply that all the funky stuff that's going on is still flying under the radar whilst the corporates pat themselves on the back, which I for one think is a good thing! After all, if we all spent our time chasing VC money, where would we be?!!!

Anyway, that looks like a plane. #2 of 4. http://www.virtualtourist.com keyword asuncion implies that I'll be lucky if the plane stays on the runway in Paraguay, so doubt I'll find a wireless hotspot there, and don't have time in Brasil to post, so next time I write I'll be in South America. FAR OUT!!!! Big grin here -lifetime dream this 'un.

Chau amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home