Bolivia

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

1 down, 3 to go

Had an interesting meeting with a nuclear physicist before leaving Newcastle to flit to Heathrow. I kid you not - Ed Brown of ADIT fame comes from that background. He has managed to dent my cynicism slightly about the ADITs (in)capabilities. And if the trip to Finland comes off to investigate what is happening there, he'll dent it even further!

Spotted a bank of PCs in Terminal 4 - haven't made it more than a few feet from the door, and couldn't help myself! Got a few hours to kill before the flight to Sao Paolo so.... Fingers start to seize up if too long away from a keyboard! 10p a minute and seem to have gone through half of them just waiting for Blogger to boot up so obviously Heathrow isn't Fibre To The Public!

Malcolm says there is a good thing about podcasting on Skype on New Scientist. Will go through security and check out the availability of hotspots. Mind you, I did slightly clunk the laptop when I put it down to pick up my boarding card - online checking in done late last night and boy does it speed things up. Maybe some Bolivian would like a very cheap laptop whilst I am out there? It's doing my back in all ready.

Anyway, kids are all set up to Skype me, although it looks like about the only time that will suit all of us is the weekend. Right, going to get off....more later about thoughts in my head following today's meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home