Bolivia

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Not even left yet

Surrounded by things I shouldn't forget, which invariably means I will forget the whole pile. Only 1.45am so not too late to get some sleep yet but have had to set up girls' comps so they don't kill both of mine whilst I am away, and they can easily Skype me. Mobile won't work in Bolivia and I'm not spending my daily allowance on calls to these two 'cos they have fallen out about something minor.

Both presentations uploaded to server as discovered late tonight that no PowerPoint on laptop any more. So, that solves one of the problems of how to fit all the work in on the plane! Have packed an Isabel Allende book in Spanish to read instead, and printed out all the most recent docs that have been doing the rounds. It'll be novel reading them from one side of the page to the other, instead of having to skim down the middle!

Got really stuck on translating Double level encryption etc so am either going to have use the independent mesher, Alberto, (who has invited me to a churrasco (BBQ) whilst I am there) or with the help of the audience, invent a special Bolivian Meshing Language. What is written on the screen isn't the important bit anyway, it's what I can persuade them to do out there, and of course, how many more times it may be possible to visit them and find out what they are doing!

Anyway, seems like all the AV stuff is installed on sproglet's PC so now to put the anti-spyware stuff on and I'm off to bed. Hopefully I will next be blogging from Heathrow, otherwise something has really gone wrong! Don't want to be doing a Joel on the first hop. ;o) Got 4 flights tomorrow to catch.........

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger chris said...

You could always try to catch up with some sleep on the plane instead of working all the time? We all hope you have a great trip and that it all goes well. Take care and keep blogging
Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home