Bolivia

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sad day

Have just heard that Malcolm Laws passed away last Wednesday. He will be sorely missed by many, many people in the broadband and communications world.

I met him in November 2002 at the first BSG conference when I was given an opportunity to speak to 400 delegates (or so). I was terrified. And writing the speech in the half hour or so before my 'slot' wasn't necessarily a bright move! Malcolm was the facilitator of my session and was hugely supportive of me personally that day, and has been since.

He believed in ABC and the need for it, and was enthusiastic about making it happen. Without him, I suspect that much that ABC has achieved would not have been possible. He opened many doors, and was a catalyst for the actions that led to ABC actually becoming 'real'. Interaxion was a fantastic magazine that had huge potential and Simoli was doing well too when Malcolm had to take a back seat because of illness.

We were all privileged to know him, and my deepest sympathies go to his young family.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am very sorry to learn that malcolm passed away. indeed he was a lovely man, full of kindness and support for others. he will be missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home