Bolivia

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

No 10

Well, we went to No 10 on Wednesday last, Malcolm, Andy Cawdell and I, to meet Matthew Taylor - SeƱor Blair's Chief Advisor. The 'Boss' was on his way back from a sojourn in the US talking to Bush prior to the G8 Summit so no press to capture our arrival as they were all at Heathrow! And now Malcolm and Brian are going back on Friday for a follow-up meeting.

No 10 is an interesting place; actually, it's an office block with a flat at the top. Wherein lives Gordon Brown bizarrely, not the Blairs. (Already in situ!) The art collection reminded me I don't know the first thing about art, but I know others who would undoubtedly have been impressed with it all (John Wilson for one). I guess the same applies to the furniture and ornaments, about which I also lack knowledge but some of them were probably worth more than my house.

Weird meeting room. Not often you get to sit around a coffee table on antique furniture you are scared to spill the coffee on. Good meeting is about all I can say, and as there are already more in the diary, it obviously went well from all sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home